Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

The Hunger Games

Summary
The heroine Katniss Everdeen, a modern day Theseus (I only found that out once my boyfriend A explained pointed it out), finds herself in The Hunger Games in which to win, she must be the sole survivor. The Hunger Games is an annual televised game held by The Capitol, as a reminder to the 12 districts that they lost their rebellion. Katniss must struggle against players 23 other players, including a potential lover.

Source
My sister was reading it while I was visiting although I suspect she heard about it from Lainey.

My thoughts
The book is so fast paced I could not put it down; I read the book in two days. I particularly liked the world that Suzanne Collins built. I could vividly imagine the different worlds she built: Katniss' District 12 specializing in coal production, the evil and futuristic Capitol and the arena where The Hunger Games are held. If you're looking for an engrossing read in which you get to live in another world and consider the role of government, this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment