Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Life on the Refrigerator Door

Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers.

Life on the Refrigerator Door

Summary
Claire and her mother are both very busy. They exchange notes on the refrigerator door while going through the mother's struggle with breast cancer and a teenage daughter-mother relationship.

Source
I had heard about this novel and its novel premise for a long time. It's always been on the back of my mind. Trivia: Alice Kuipers is married to Yann Martel, who wrote one of my favourite books, Life of Pi.

My thoughts
I read the book quite quickly because of its short format. I was very impressed that a whole story could be incorporated in such an innovative way. At the same time, I just wanted to scream at the two main characters to stop leaving notes on the refrigerator door at such a crucial time in their lives and spend a significant amount of time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment